Thursday, March 17, 2016

My coming out story


Image result for Bisexual pride
When I came out as bisexual to my mother it was an interesting experience. I have always been one to be very open with my mom and I am lucky to be one of the few that was able to come out very easily and quickly. What had happened was I came home from a friends house and my mother was sitting in her chair reading a book. I was rambling on and on about my day, assuming that my mother was half not listening so I took that as the chance to just say the words "oh by the way mom, I'm bisexual." The look on her face when she looked up from her book at me then to her friend then back at me was priceless. Even though see was so surprised that I had said that, even though my heart was pounding, even though I was blushing extremely bad, I still stood there as my mother said "you're what?". I continued to repeat myself and then the rest was all a blur. I'm still not sure she is accepting of me being bisexual, but she has not said nothing about my girlfriend currently or my boyfriends before. I feel she does not care either way, she does not accept it, but she also does not hate it and has not thrown me out to the street. My brother sees no difference in it and the rest of my family pretends it's a faze. My coming out experience was a lot easier than others, and even though I'm thankful for how understand my mom and brother are, I wish other parents would be that accepting and understanding to their children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment